Please note that the QVC has now adopted an official Code of Behaviour
Please take time to read it HERE
Latest Newsletter from Veterans Cricket Australia (VCA) HERE
National Over 70’s Cricket Championships, Sunshine Coast, 12-18 September, 2018
For all information, click here.
Read the President’s latest report with some important information for all players here.
National Over 60’s Cricket Championships Penrith NSW.
11 – 15 November 2018
By now you should have all received email attachments that cover the following:
1. The initial list showing interest in attending. If you are now unable to go please let me know asap. Please note that selection as decided by the QVC committee is based on merit from participation in our regional competition and from the trial games in September (23rd) and October (14th and 21st)
2. The accommodation recommendation is the Holiday Inn at St Marys which is about 15 minutes from Penrith. It is attached to the St Marys Leagues club which is as big as the Penrith Panthers. It has 4 restaurant options. The attached letter has a link in it established by the business manager at the Holiday Inn, Lawrence Ong. The address of the Holiday Inn is Cnr Forrester and Benonia Roads, St Marys. The phone numbers are 0296777732 and 1800007697. We also have been given a meeting room for our briefings before and after games at the Holiday Inn. The cost is $140 per room twin share. We have 40 rooms put aside for us to be booked by October 1.
1. I have contacted five bus companies in the Penrith area regarding bus transport to games. None have responded at the moment. However, our option in Canberra was to car pool. If you intend to drive or hire a car in Sydney and can assist in car pooling please let me know asap to assist with planning.
2. Ian Laycock and Len Shields and their partners have organized an Airbnb house in Penrith and room for another couple. Ian’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org for those who might like to contact Ian.
Thanks to all and kind regards
Ross Adams (Over 60’s delegate; mobile 0428843388)
National Over 70’s Cricket Championships Sunshine Coast.
12 – 18 September 2018
A very healthy 43 players have nominated for our Over 70 National Festival on the Sunshine Coast this coming September.
Queensland will have 3 teams. Two teams will play Division ONE and one team will play Division TWO. In Division One there will be 8 teams in two pools and the winner of each pool will play in the final on Day 4. In Division 2 there will be 6 teams and a final will be played. The Draw for Div 2 will be released very shortly.
Below I have noted the names of all players who have nominated. If your name is missing and I should have included you, or you are now available to play, please let me know promptly. Likewise if you become unavailable for whatever reason, please let me know so we can adjust teams.
My list of nominated player so far is:
Acremann Glen, Allen Phil, Allen Kerry
Barney Lawson, Bennett Kenny, Bevan Tim, Blazak George, Bree Geoffrey
Chapman Gil, Chapman Ross, Cooke Col, Cox Noel
Griffin Jim, Groves Alby, Guiver John
Farquharson Lex, Fogarty Mick
Kratzmann Brian, Kratzmann Brian
Madsen Gary, McKeever Des
Norden John, Northern Gary
Petherick Ian, Price Les, Purcell Malcolm
Rancloud John, Regazzoli Phil, Robertson Ian, Rudge Cliff
Shield Terry, Stackpoole John
Tegg Lance, Tiley Ray, Towner Ross, Townsing Charles,
Walters Brian, Walton Dave, Wilkes Rob, Williams John
Remember to book your accommodation!
Petherick – QVC Co-ordinator 0448 1105 84 email@example.com
Queensland Veterans Cricket will be hosting the National over 70’s Cricket Championships on the Sunshine Coast from 12 – 18 September 2018.
The Queensland selectors will be looking to select the strongest teams possible to put on the field for this event and you are now required to indicate if you would like to be considered for team selection. The Queensland Teams have always performed well at the National Championships and we are hoping for a good turnout of players for this event that will be held on our home fields at the Sunshine Coast. Queensland Selectors have been asked to select teams on merit. Can we put out three or four teams?
Below are some details that may be of assistance for you:
1. Travel: All players make their own travel arrangements.
2. Accommodation: All players will be expected to make their own accommodation arrangements.
3. Meet and Greet: Wed 12 September at Mooloolaba Bowls Club – no charge – cash bar available
4. Dinner: Tues 18 September at Maroochydore RSL Club 6.30pm for 7.00pm
5. Rest days: Sat 15 and Sun 16 September. Make own arrangements.
6. Playing Days: Matches will be played on Thurs 13, Fri 14, Mon 17 Tue18 September.
7. Venues: All matches will be played on turf at selected Sunshine Coast Cricket Venues.
7. Transport to and from matches: Make own arrangements
8. Purchase of apparel. All players will be required to wear QVC apparel including trousers, shirt, dress shirt, cap or hat.
9. Payment Details: The costs for the Carnival have not been finalized but will be provided in the next month or so. You are not required to pay any money at this time.
10. Interested in nominating for a Queensland Team? All interested players should forward their nominations by 24 April at the latest.
Please email your name to Ian Petherick: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanking you for your urgent attention.
Enjoy your cricket.
Ian Petherick (Over 70 Coordinator 0448 1105 84)
OVER 70’s AUSTRALIAN TEAM TO TOUR UK, AUGUST, 2018
I am very pleased to announce that Ian Petherick (CAPT), Colin Cooke and John Stackpoole have been selected in the touring team and Gill Chapman is on standby. Congratulations to all these players, especially Ian who has also been rewarded for his outstanding performances during the recent Test series in Australia to be named Captain. Unfortunately, we have some other Queensland nominees who were not selected which will be a disappointment for them!
We will have chance to wish our touring players well before they depart in August.
The Touring Team selected is listed below.
AUSTRALIAN TOURING TEAM ENGLAND
OVER 70s, AUGUST 2018
Ian Petherick (Capt)
Stirling Hamman (V/Capt)
Ian Gibson [Gipps] Selector
Ian Gibson [ACS]
Lindsay fisher [Manager]